Like us on Facebook
Paneer Butter Masala is one of the most popular Paneer recipe in indian cuisine served in less spiced gravy.Paneer Butter Masala is made with tomatoes-onion puree.The gravy looks quite smooth and has a mouthwatering creamy texture.It has a slightly sweet taste due to the addition of honey.It is loved by all people of all age groups.
Red ripe tomatoes are ideally used for gravy which gives it a beautiful orange-red colour and hence there is no requirement of any kind of food color in it.
It is best served with special Indian Bread likeTandoori roti, Naan, Paneer Kulcha.It perfectly goes with steamed rice as well.
In this recipe,I used simple red ripe tomatoes,onions, butter, cashew nut paste and fresh cream which gives it rich and nice flavor adding a professional touch to it.
Paneer Butter Masala
Paneer – 250 grams
Tomatoes chopped – 4 big
Onions chopped – 2 medium
Garlic – 5-6 flakes
Green chili- 1 chopped
Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Red chili powder or degi mirch – 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi – 1/4 tsp
Honey – 1 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Cream – 4 tbsp
Chopped green coriander- 1 tsp
- Take 1 tbsp oil & 1 tbsp butter in a pan,add garlic flakes & chopped green chilli and saute it for few minutes.
- Now add onions and saute till translucent ,now add cashew nuts & saute little bit.
- Add tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft & mushy.
- Off the flame,and transfer onion tomato mixture to a mixer jar.Cool it and make a fine paste,Sieve it through the strainer & have a fine puree.
- Now again take a pan,add 1 tbsp butter & 1 tbsp oil to it.Heat the pan & add paneer cubes to the pan stir fry paneer for 3-4 minutes and transfer paneer pieces to another bowl & keep aside.
- Now in the same pan,add ginger garlic paste & saute it for few seconds,add tomato puree & mix well.Cook it till the oil separates.
- Now add salt,red chilli powder,garam masala powder & green cardamoms powder.Stir well.
- Now add milk & puree and give the royal texture to the dish.Check the consistency of the gravy ,if it is thick add some more milk.
- Now add paneer pieces to the gravy,mix well.Sprinkle kasuri methi and add honey to it. Honey gives a little sweetness to the gravy & balance the sourness of tomatoes.
- Cook it for 10 minutes & off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with naan,chapatis,rice & stuffed paranthas.
Enjoy your Paneer Butter Masala my all time favourite.