Like us on Facebook
Palak Paneer is one of the most popular Paneer recipe in north indian cuisine served in less spiced gravy.In Palak Paneer spinach is cooked into gravy with spices and paneer is added as such or fried.I added fried paneer since it holds a better shape after cooking.You can make this curry rich by adding cream,but I not to add cream as it dilutes the wonderful green colour.
For this dish, I blanched fresh spinach and pureed ,added it to sauted onion and tomato,with spices like cumin seed, whole garam masala,red chili powder,coriander powder and kasuri methi. I served this dish with chapati/indian flat bread, you can serve with naan, tandoori roti, lachha parantha or rumali roti.
So Let’s Start Now,
Paneer fried – 100gm
Spinach – 250gm
Onions chopped – 2 medium
Tomatoes pureed – 2 medium
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Oil/Butter – 1 tbsp
Cumin seed-1 tsp
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon stick – 1
Black cardamom – 1
Garam masala – ¼ tsp
Coriander powder – ½ tsp
Red chili powder – ½ tsp
Kasuri methi – ¼ tsp
Butter/cream(optional) – 1 tbsp
Salt – ½ tsp
- First boiled water in a pan,put washed spinach in water and off the flame,keep it in hot water for 5 minutes and strained through strainer,spinach is blanched.
- Pureed blanched spinach in mixer grinder and keep aside.
- Fried paneer a little bit and keep aside.
- Take a pan, add oil/butter,whole garam masala & cumin seed. Let it be crackle.
- Add chopped onion saute it till brown,add ginger garlic paste, pureed tomatoes saute it till oil separates.
- Add, rest of masalas and saute it.
- Add spinach puree mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and cream mix it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add fried paneer and cook it till paneer become soft.
- Served hot with any bread of your choice.
Enjoy your Palak Paneer my all time favourite.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/cookfori/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes/single-recipe.php on line 139