Like us on Facebook
In this dish Chole is the key ingredient. Usually Kabuli chane are used in any chole recipe. For preparing Bhature we can take variations just like Paneer Bhatura or Aloo bhatura.For this you just add fillings of paneer or aloo while making bhature to make it more delicious.Here we prepare simple plain bhatura which commonly served with Amritsary chole.
Maida (all purpose flour) – 500 gm
Suji (semolina) – 50gm
Curd – 2 tbsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Sugar – 1 pinch
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Water – as required
Oil – 1 tsp for covering
Oil – for frying
- Sieve together maida, suji & baking powder, add curd, salt and sugar.
- Mix well and make a smooth soft dough using water as needed.
- Cover dough with 1 tsp oil and keep it for ferment for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- Take a small ball of dough and rolled into a desired shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry bhature in oil until golden brown.
- Serve with hot Punjabi Chole.
Chole(Chick peas) – 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
Tea bag – 1
Potato – 1 diced
Onion – 1 large chopped
Tomatoes – 2 chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Bay leaves – 1-2
Cinnamon stick – 1
Cloves – 2
Whole red chilli – 2
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin seed – 1 tsp
Hing – 1 pinch
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Anardana powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Amchoor powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Soak chole overnight in water and pressure cook along with salt, cardomom, tea bag & baking soda.
- Fry potato pieces till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed & hing, when it crackle add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, whole red chilli & cloves. Fry it for a minute and add fine chopped onion & ginger garlic paste, saute it well.
- Now add fine chopped tomatoes, cook it till soft and then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, anardana powder & garam masala powder.
- Add little water and fry the masala until oil gets separate.
- Add chole & fried potatoes, mix it well & cooked it for 8-10 minutes. Mash some chole to make gravy thicker.
- Now add amchoor powder & stir well, cook it until the gravy becomes thicker.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, serve hot with bhatura.
Enjoy your Punjabi Chole Bhature.
Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/cookfori/public_html/wp-content/themes/recipes/single-recipe.php on line 139