Like us on Facebook
Pakoras are basically indian fritters made with gram flour, while making pakoras gram flour is used for coating veggies and then deep fried in hot oil.Pakoras are a snack which loved by all ages groups.
Pakore are awesome snack having in the winters and monsoons, they warm up your tea time with family and friends. There are many more varieties in pakoras like Aloo(potato) pakora, Spinach(palak)pakora, Onion pakora, Cauliflower(gobhi) pakora, Paneer pakora and many more.Here, we make Aloo Pakora,
Potato – 1 medium
Gram flour(besan) – 100gm
Rice flour(optional) – 1tbsp
Carom seeds – ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp or as taste
Baking soda – a pinch
Water – as required
Chaat masala – ½ tsp (for sprinkle)
Oil – for frying
- Mix all the dry ingredients with water, check the seasoning and consistency ,it must be thick pouring that coated each potato slice completely.
- Peel the potato and slice thinly in rounds.
- Heat oil for frying in a kadai or a pan.
- Dip each potato slice in the batter and place it gently in hot oil.
- Do these for some 5-6 potato slices each time.
- Fry aloo pakoras till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain the pakoras on paper napkin to remove extra oil.
- Finish off the remaining aloo pakoras this way in batches.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on pakoras.
- Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce.
Enjoy your Aloo Pakora.